Sunday, July 23, 2006

We're Home

We made it. We're in Wichita. We had our last church service this morning, said our good-byes to several folks, went to get the truck (in Lawrence) and loaded and drove here. We had help this afternoon. Thanks Earl, Chris, Mary, and Vernon. Thanks Kevin, Scott, Michael, and Deanna. Without you, we couldn't have done this.
For the first time while talking with my new supervisor today, I said "we" in reference to the place we will be working. I told him that and said that we are in the midst of a change in our minds in terms of ownership. That was a good sign, and one that I was appreciative of seeing in myself today.
We will stay with my brother tonight, then unload the truck in the morning. We think several will be there to help and we can get it done in an hour or so. We go to the office tomorrow, fill out the requisite paper work, and start on the payroll.
Now the real work begins.

No comments: