Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Life Without Susie

Today, we think we have most all of the basement and garage boxed up, as well as the main floor. All that’s really left is the upper floor, which has most of the closets and the bedrooms. We should make a big dent in that today with my sister-in-law and niece from Wichita here to help.
We let Susie (our dog) go with my son and his family today. They didn’t leave until this morning due to the cooler weather prospects for this morning. She will be with them in Western Kansas as it would have been difficult to have her in Wichita with us.
It was not that difficult to actually see her go, but life won’t be the same without her around. She was truly part of our family, and there will be a big chunk missing in the coming weeks as we adjust to life without her.
If for some reason she doesn’t work out with them, I told them we would “work something out” with maybe my other son or perhaps my sister. I do hope, though, that Susie adapts to life out there and her remaining months (I don’t think she’ll last more than 12 to 18 months…she’s 15 years old) will be contented.

No comments: